Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Bylaws

Who knew that a crock pot club would have so many nuances based on the five personalities within our group. We have chatted through the queries and have come to an agreement about how the weekly exchange will work. Laws will be added as the need arises. For now:

--We will use local meats (beef, pork, chicken, eggs if in fact we are cooking a meat dish)
--We will only pass one beef dish within every two week time period.
--We will try to be "healthy" in our meal considerations (i.e. lower fat)
--The meal schedule will be set as two meals passed every week
--We will not pass dishes with fresh tomatoes, mushrooms (without a word of warning) or any type of bleu cheese (at least while any of us are pregnant)

3 comments:

  1. Erin - I think the reasons vary for each of us. For me, it would be too much to do it every week. Also, I realized that I gave up control of the meals for the week for the sake of convenience. Now, this isn't a big deal unless you are a control freak like me! :) It has been very nice to have meals prepared, though, and I do look forward to having a couple of extra meals each week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burns!!! We took an anonymous poll after this week to see if everyone wanted to continue with 2 or 3 meals per week (cooks were on a rotating basis) and we found that most people liked to have two additional meals per week (prepared by someone else) and that meant each person only has to cook once every two weeks. As you can see by the bylaws we are still trying to set some guidelines (this week we had two beef dishes, one pork, one chicken and one veg.) and we all agreed that we don't eat meat that often so we realized we need to schedule the meals in advance. You should try it... it has been so nice to come home the last two nights and just reheat the food! You know I LOVE to cook but sometimes during the week, it is just too crazy busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think for me it was loss of control, too. I think if a group wanted to do 5-a-week, it would require advance meal-planning by the whole group. We're still working out the kinks! But I'm still excited to have 2 meals a week that I don't have to think about.

    ReplyDelete