Sunday, November 14, 2010

Apple, Butternut Squash, Sweet Curry Soup

Here's the recipe for those who have been asking... I prepared this delicious soup for C's baby shower on Saturday. I think it was a big hit!

Apple, Butternut Squash, Sweet Curry Soup
Recipe snagged from my college friend via Facebook.

1 roasted butternut squash
4 small-medium apples (de-skin, core, and slice)
1 large onion
3 large garlic cloves
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 cups chicken stock
2 Tbs salted butter
1 1/2 Tbs sweet curry powder (any curry will do, but I like the sweet)
fresh ground black pepper & salt to taste

Roast butternut squash in oven at 375 degrees until soft when speared with a knife. In butter, cook onion and garlic in a large stock pot until translucent/just starting to brown. Add apples and cook until they start to soften. Add de-skinned roasted butternut squash, cream, stock, curry powder, salt & black pepper. Stir just to combine. Remove from heat and transfer to blender. Blend until smooth (or you can leave it more chunky if you prefer). Return to pot to warm before serving. Makes just over a half gallon of soup.

Suggestion: Recipe easily doubled. I doubled all items of the recipe, with the exception of more onion and curry. Also, an immersion blender is the best option, otherwise transferring the contents of the stock pot to the blender is a pain.

2 comments:

  1. I made this tonight and it smells soooooo good! Unfortunately I do not have an immersion blender so it isn't as smooth as I would like it to be but it sure looks tasty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOOOVE this recipe, Sara. Thank you, thank you for finding and sharing!

    ReplyDelete