Saturday, April 17, 2010

Spinach Dip with Feta, Lemon and Oregano

I made this dip last night for "Zach's Last Hurrah" as he is heading to Memphis tomorrow afternoon to begin a new and exciting adventure at the University of Tennessee! Zach--you will be missed!
I think the Dip was gone in about 5 minutes so I think people enjoyed it... here is the recipe!

Ingredients:
1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/2 cup lite sour cream
1/2 cup lite mayonnaise
1/4 cup dried parsley or 1/2 cup fresh parsley
2 T fresh oregano or 1 T dried oregano
1/2 cup feta cheese
1 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp grated lemon zest
3 medium scallions
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp Tabasco
1/4 tsp pepper


Process all ingredients in the food processor until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place in refrigerator for at least one hour to allow flavors to marinate. Serve with chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment