Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chicken-Bacon-Ranch Wraps

I am subbing for Sara after realizing that we are out of town for the next two weekends. Also, because I am out of town for this work week, Brett requested something that he will "really like." This recipe is from a new cookbook (Pillsbury Fast and Healthy) that I received from a dear friend last week.

Makes 8 Wraps
2 1/2 c coarsely shredded deli rotisserie chicken (2 to 2.5 lb chicken)
1 c cheese (I used cheddar, the recipe calls for monterey jack)
4 slices bacon, chopped (used Bettie's bacon... tasty!)
1/4 c chopped green onions
1 c low fat ranch dressing (the recipe called for fat-free, I couldn't go there)
1 package flour tortillas (the whole wheat tortillas are an attempt to offset the lite vs fat free dressing)
4 c shredded lettuce (I used red leaf)

1 - In a large bowl, gently mix all ingredients except tortillas and lettuce. Cover and refrigerate up to three days.
2 - To make one wrap, in a small microwavable bow, microwave about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture for 30-45 seconds. Spread chicken mixture on tortilla and top with 1/2 cup of lettuce. Roll up and enjoy!

* These can also be served cold, but after experimenting we both agree that they are tastiest when they are heated up. Nice and gooey!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! Already ate it for lunch. I heated it up as directed, but I bet it would be equally tasty served cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious. Also ate for lunch heated. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also ate these heated and they were yummy! Good Choice Brett!

    ReplyDelete