I call it being resourceful, you might call it being lazy...
I challenged myself to make a meal for 10 people with only the food I had in the house. I should mention that we hadn't been to the grocery store for at least a week. After taking stock of what we had it seemed we had the largest portions of pasta, potatoes, and beef. Since we have had a good bit of pasta in the last couple of weeks, I thought potatoes and beef sounded like good choices. I didn't have enough ingredients to make a thick stew, so soup it was!
Ingredients:
12-16 cups of water
2 cubes of vegetable bullion
beef stock
one packet of french onion soup
onion
rib roast, cooked and cubed
5 large potatoes
Chop, throw together, simmer. Ta da! Unfortunately, the soup simmered a little longer than perhaps it should have, and the potatoes started to mush. It's tasty anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment