Monday, January 4, 2010

Spaghetti & Meatballs

Whole Wheat Spaghetti: 2 boxes for 8-10 people. Follow directions on box. This is hard to mess up!

Jeremiah's Tasty Balls - Recipe compliments of Jeremiah's Blog - Cooking4Kicks
w/ Sara's adjustments


  • 2 lbs. of ground beef
  • 1 cup of bread crumbs
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of skim milk
  • 1-2 tbs. Ms. Dash Italian Seasoning (I used garlic herb)
  • 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
  • minced garlic (I ran out, so don't expect garlic in your balls)
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all dry ingredients. Add to wet ingredients and mix until well incorporated (mixing with hands is easiest). Scoop out 1 tablespoon at a time and roll into balls. Place balls on cooking sheet and cook for 15 mins. Turn the balls over and cook for another 15 mins or until brown.
Makes between 26-36 balls depending on size. For consistent ball shape and size use either an icecream scoop or meatball/cookie scoop. I got 42 out of this batch.
Spaghetti Sauce: Homemade this summer from my neighbors garden and farm share. Remove from freezer and thaw. Complete Recipe.

2 comments: