Monday, January 18, 2010
Sloppy Joes
One of Zach's favorite foods is sloppy joes, so we decided he would make this for this segment of our blog. This is the recipe I grew up with, and it's one that Zach has requested all the time since we've been married. So now he knows how to cook it himself!
Sloppy Joes
2 1/2 lb. ground chuck
1 cup ketchup
2 T. vinegar
2 T. sugar
2 T. wet mustard
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 small onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
Brown onion and green pepper in small amount of olive oil.
Add meat and brown slightly, drain fat.
Mix ketchup, sugar, vinegar, mustard, and worcestershire sauce together and add to meat. Simmer at least 15 minutes.
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I tried to post once, and it deleted it!
ReplyDeleteThis was SO good. What a delicious meal. And I really really like the photo you've posted...how did you get it to look so much like the ones in Bon Appetit!?
Zach took the picture - he's really good at making photos. I think he used a special close-up setting.
ReplyDelete