Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken

 

If you need an easy and delicious meal for a long day, this is it. I've made it twice and the whole family agrees it's a keeper.

Ingredients 
  • 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or equivalent)
  • 2 14.5oz cans diced tomatoes
  • 1 medium white onion thinly sliced (not chopped)
  • 4 cloves garlic
  • 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp each: dried oregano, basil, rosemary
  • 1/2 tsp. thyme
  • ground black pepper & salt to taste
Directions
Pour the olive oil on bottom of slow cooker, add chicken, salt and pepper each breast, put sliced onions on top of chicken, then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves. Pour in vinegar and tomatoes.

Cook on high 4 hours (or low pretty much however long you want to). Serve over angel hair pasta or just eat it like a delicious stew.

Originally on skinnyms dot com

2 comments:

  1. Oooo looks tasty. I might be able to make this for Marcus before I head out of town so he can have a meaty feast while I'm away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo looks tasty. I might be able to make this for Marcus before I head out of town so he can have a meaty feast while I'm away! :)

    ReplyDelete