Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds aka Crack Seeds

We carved our pumpkins this weekend and got a whole bunch of seeds from our hard work! I have been saving this recipe that I tore out of a magazine  last month and I was so excited to try it today. These pumpkin seeds are delicious and I cannot keep my hands off of them, aka crack seeds. Enjoy!

Mix 1 cup pumpkin seeds , 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, 1 tablespoon sea salt (I always use less salt than a recipe calls for and this still tasted salty so go with your own salt preference), 1/3 cup sugar, and a pinch of ground cayenne in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk 2 egg whites until foamy. Fold in dry ingredients, and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden (I actually ended up roasting for about 45 minutes because that is how long it took my oven to make them golden.).

I actually quadrupled this recipe because I got 4 cups of pumpkin seeds from our three pumpkins. I only used 4 egg whites in my quadrupled recipe and this seemed like plenty.

Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Yum... Now I'm wishing it were closer to fall so that I could try this out right now!

    ReplyDelete