Thank goodness - we have found a local, free-rangey, good for the animals (at least up to the obvious point) meat supplier. I was worried we would just have to go and stand in line at the meat packing plant. Okay, not really (eww), but my mind is resting much easier now that I now we are not ingesting hormones and antibiotics as a side dish. I am also in a good mood because Brett cooked said meat for dinner. Rub your eyes and re-read that line. Here it is in case you missed it... Brett cooked tonight. Yep. He grilled chicken (from our meat man - does that sound inappropriate?) after dousing it with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then he made a honey mustard "sauce" to use when it was done cooking. Here's what he used:
- Dijon mustard
- Maple syrup (real stuff)
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Yellow mustard (he didn't want it to be too fancy)
- Fake syrup (again, he had to scale it down a notch)
- Salt
- Pepper
I made couscous (large pearl, yum), wild rice, and green beans for the side. Hey, I didn't say he made the whole dinner... baby steps! Oh, and Addie ate some of the chicken, too, but I cooked it in my favorite pan (eco pan - check it out) without any oil, etc. I did end up sprinkling some onion powder on it and that encouraged her to eat it up (or, maybe it was the peas and bananas that I threw in). Either way, we are all happy and fed.
What did you have for dinner?
Yum, that sounds so delicious. I love me some honey mustard doused anything!
ReplyDelete