Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tres Leches Cake

For Ann's baby shower today I brought along this easy but delicious cake to share with the ladies. Courtney did a great job with all of the wonderful foods she prepared! Enjoy!

Ingredients
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 12 oz. evaporated milk
5 oz. whipping cream

[Variation--Bananas Tres Leches Cake--additional ingredients 3 oz. banana liquor & 3 ripe bananas)

1. Bake and prepare cake according to package directions. When done, set aside.
2. Combine milks, cream (and liquor). Using a wooden toothpick poke holes all over the cake--the more the better.
3. While cake is still warm, pour the liquid mixture over the cake and allow it to set at room temperature for no more than an hour. Cover pan with plastic wrap and chill overnight or for at least 2 hours until liquid is absorbed and cake is soft and soggy.
4. Serve in footed goblets spooning some of the sauce from the bottom of the pan on top of the cake. Optional--top with sliced bananas and fresh whipped cream.

2 comments:

  1. This was so yummy!!! I'm not a baker, but this is something I can definitely handle!

    ReplyDelete