Monday, May 17, 2010

Pasta Sauce

Ladies, I don't know about you, but this chilly, rainy weather has driven me to the kitchen to try to create tasty creations that warm from the inside. One thing that we have been enjoying a lot of lately is simple homemade spaghetti sauce. It's flavor is as uncomplicated as the recipe, but it is so fresh and tasty. Plus, because it all goes through the food processor there is no need to really chop things up too much.

Ingredients
4-5 fresh tomatoes (I cut the "meat" off and toss away the seeds and liquid)
1 large can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
6 cloves garlic
1 onion
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic
Fresh basil
Fresh thyme
Fresh sage
The following to taste:
Chipotle powder
Cumin powder
Cayenne pepper
Ground cinnamon
Salt
Pepper
Sugar

Directions
Combine all ingredients except olive oil and balsamic in food processor. Process until still a bit chunky, drizzle oil and balsamic through processor feed tube and continue processing until almost smooth (or whatever consistency you enjoy). Serve over pasta with grated cheese.

PS - Mr. "I Love Prego" has actually been requesting this - maybe I've converted him from a processed food. Could it be true?

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, this looks so good. I have never found a good sauce recipe I like. And with a bounty of tomatoes headed our way this will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete