Monday, June 4, 2018

Stetson Chopped Salad



I feel as though it is my duty to "represent" the Wild Wild West in our little group - and with that I am introducing you to the Stetson Chopped Salad from Cowboy Ciao (in Scottsdale and PHX airport). It's delicious and super versatile. I would say that the key ingredients are the arugula, currants, and dressing (of course).

These days I am eating gluten free and dairy free (and my stomach is SO much happier), so this is modified to reflect that; see the original recipes for opportunities to add some dairy and gluten.

To create this I modified two recipes for the salad found here: http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/stetson-chopped-salad-206039 and here: https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/cowboy-ciao-stetson-chopped-salad-51436911


INGREDIENTS
1 c. cooked quinoa
½ c. diced Roma tomatoes
½ c. sweet corn kernels
1 c. chopped arugula
2 oz. smoked salmon, diced
¼ c. dried currants
¼ c. pepitas (pumpkin seeds)

Dressing:
¼ c. basil pesto
¼ c. mayo
1 shallot
½ c. buttermilk (almond milk curdled with lemon juice)
juice of one lemon
salt & pepper to taste

      PREPARATION
      Arrange ingredients in separate rows on a large platter. Toss salad at the table, with the dressing. To make the dressing, place all ingredients in a blender and blend. Will keep in fridge for up to
    1. a week.
    2. And I'd totally make this for all of you if we lived within a few miles of each other again. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment