2 lbs 10 oz. old-fashioned oats
3 cups coconut
2 cups macadamia nuts, chopped to desired size
2 cups dried pineapple, chopped to desired size
1 1/2 cup honey
1 cup canola oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp vanilla
1 Tbsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp cinnamon
In a large bowl combine oats, nuts and coconut. Mix thoroughly. Add in honey and oil and stir to combine. Be sure that all oats are coated with liquid. Add vanilla, ginger and cinnamon and stir until entire bowl is coated with spices. Put into a 350 degree oven for about an hour (this might vary depending on your oven) in a cake pan or sheet pan depending on how much you are making. Stir every ten minutes or so to prevent burning. With about 20 minutes remaining, add brown sugar and stir to combine. Bake until evenly browned and delicious. Upon removing pan from the oven, mix in dried pineapple and allow granola to cool completely before storing in ziploc bags or airtight containers.
I love homemade granola and this looks sooooooo good! I bought some of the ingredients this morning and I will be making a batch tomorrow... a smaller batch:)
ReplyDeleteThis is seriously breakfast crack. I was privy to a small baggie of it and it was AMAZING!!!!
ReplyDeleteI made this last night and, oops, it got a little dark. I definitely need to remember to reduce the oven temp next time. I also added flax seed (a little extra fiber never hurt anyone and they are so teeny they aren't even noticeable) and had to substitute cashews for the macadamia nuts. So, it's definitely not as good as the sample I had from the granola goddess, but it is tasty nonetheless.
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited you guys both tried this. I love granola and this one is fun and just a little different. Mmm flax seeds sounds like a great idea... I'll remember that for next time! :)
ReplyDelete