Saturday, June 5, 2010

Nathan's Hummus

A few weeks ago when Christina and I had lunch, she had a container or hummus from the grocery store and I had just finished making hummus for my lunch. After tasting the homemade stuff and realizing how simple it was to make, I think I sold her on Nathan's recipe. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 can chickpeas
1/3 cup sesame butter (tahini)
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T olive oil

Optional additions--zatar spice, or cumin or hot sauce.

Blend in the food processor until smooth. Serve with pita and crudite!

3 comments:

  1. Can you believe I've never made hummus? This sounds easy enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Thank you for posting this. It was WAY better than the crap I bought - and likely much healthier. I can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann, in all of your years at Oberlin I cannot believe you never made hummus! Christina... yes, this version is much healthier than the store bought!

    ReplyDelete