Wednesday, October 28, 2009

we are foodies. fearless

Not so very long ago, we were five women each going about our own business in a bustling little college town. We were living our lives in our little homes with our husbands and boyfriends and pets and full-time jobs. We each thought we were the only young professional couples in town. And then all of a sudden, we found each other. And we had friends!

We enjoy each other’s company at book club, in cooking class, Monday lunches, and Sunday brunches. We will throw a party for any occasion - we have celebrated big life events and shared exciting news. And what’s really wonderful is that our significant others all get along really well, too. They have “beer club” while we have book club!

One thing we ALL have in common is a love of good food. We enjoy trying new restaurants, eating local produce, and cooking for each other. This blog is going to chronicle our latest adventure, a cooking co-op, or crock pot club, or supper swap. The idea is that we all love to cook, but we have limited time. And money. So, one night a week we will cook a really big meal – enough for five couples. And then one day a week, we’ll trade our portions. Although I’ll only cook one meal a week, I’ll eat home-cooked food 5 nights a week. I suspect we’re all going to save a lot of time and a lot of money. And I know I’m going to eat well because my friends are such good cooks! The adventure begins...

6 comments:

  1. Nicely done, Ann! Can't wait to see what I get at the swap on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I wish we had friends! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes time! I think all of us lived here over 2 years before we actually found each other.

    ReplyDelete